Archive for March, 2015
I have got a long way into the training book, and had a big think on the format of the type book; so here are the reviewed title plans.
- TYPE: This is the title I got a little hung up on in 2014, I found I was putting too much into it, so now I hope I have edited that out, and designed a format that will work; I think it will be the title to be released after the training one, but the showing book (which I think will be easier) may beat it to the printers.
- TRAINING: not a how to but thoughts and reflections on reading and my own experiences, this will be a referred to title for the showing book
- SHOWING: will cover more specialist show training, show ring presentation, grooming, colours to wear, how to get that sizzle in your dog in the minutes that matter, ‘nerve’ control, travelling with your dog, spotting issues and thinking about quick fixes and longterm overhaul
- FAULTS: a review book of common conformational faults in dogs, which you will be able to cross reference with The FIVE Cs and the Type book, and the showing and breeding books for that matter
- BREEDING: will discuss very briefly the process of breeding (because I have some photos I want to share), the choice of dogs to mate, how to choose these dogs, a breeder’s responsibility to their lines and to the breed, raising the pup to best advantage, choosing an appropriate buyer … well no, but some tips for detecting people who may not be ready to undertake Clumber ownership, the consequences of breeding but the necessity to breed, why we may need to respect other’s right to breed dogs that we may not (genetic diversity), things like COI and how and why we need to take this on board, how to detect bad (BAD) hips with no score, bad eyes without a vet cert. There is a whole forest of topics for this book, so it will be a long time coming!
- Maybe a smallish one on GROOMING, but grooming in the meantime can be read about in the Showing book
- ART: hmmmm, let’s see, but I would still like to put together something to show you how to create your own art and craft of the Clumber, and celebrate some of the breed’s most dedicated artists and outstanding pieces of recent times
———————————————— end ———————————————–